Farewell Issue!

Rod & Custom
Item Posts    Sort Order

Farewell Issue!

jodon87 jodon87
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 07/14
Posted: 07/22/14
08:48 AM

Imagine my surprise when I saw Farewell Issue on the cover of my October, 2014 issue. I have been a subscriber for over 10 years and it is/was my 2nd favorite magazine of the 5 I subscribe to. Now it's being absorbed into "Street Rodder"? My subscription doesn't expire until October 2016 and I'm forced to receive a different magazine. If I had wanted to subscribe to "Street Rodder" I would have chosen to do so. Corporate America strikes again. I'm canceling my subscription.  

aldenbebe aldenbebe
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 08/14
Posted: 08/01/14
06:34 PM

For a number of years I have subscribed to four magazines, Sprint Car & Midget, Hot Rod, Street Rodder and my favorite, Rod & Custom.  I will not cancel my subscriptions to HR or SR, nor will I renew them when the time comes.   I am not willing to donate any money to a corporation so obviously driven by it, with little or no regard for tradition.  I have a huge collection of magazines, HR & R&C from the mid-fifties, SR and other titles from their inception.  Sadly, my collection will grow at a slower rate until someone steps up to fill R&C's spot.  I will continue to do business with, and support Wheels-Up Publishing and look forward to my monthly SC&M.