Subscriptions

Rod & Custom
Item Posts    Sort Order

Subscriptions

jalopy45 jalopy45
User | Posts: 198 | Joined: 04/07
Posted: 06/20/14
03:09 PM

What does the future hold for our print subscriptions?  Do they just go away or replaced with? Confused  

wayne712222 wayne712222
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 11/13
Posted: 06/23/14
06:52 AM

from what i understand.. you can call subscriber services.. there is a phone number inside the front few pages of your print issues.. or at the bottom of this page..

for those who subscribe  to street rodder. you can get that magazine subscription extended.. or if you subscribe to other magazines here. you can extend those..
http://www.streetrodderweb.com/ is the magazine now.. and i believe http://www.classictrucks.com/ survived.. custom classic trucks was cut as i understand..

have a copy of your print issues handy so you can supply them with your subscription number ..

there has been a LOT of changes to the PRINT ISSUES this year.. many have been trimmed completely out ..  as far as i know the forums.. the article archives will continue..

at least with some prodding from me. they did not do what happened over to the offroad section where all the forums were dumped and a single new one started with none of the archive of threads available. talk about a bunch of mad forum users..  that was 5 or 6 magazine forums into one..  

wayne712222 wayne712222
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 11/13
Posted: 06/23/14
06:53 AM

oh.. click my user name for links to many of the magazine sites here..  

princeout princeout
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 07/14
Posted: 07/17/14
06:29 PM

Just got off the phone with the subscription lady.  Since I already had a Hot Rod subscription and a Street Rodder subscription, they automatically transferred my R&C sub over to Motor Trend and, even though she said the Popular Hot Rodding sub would swap over to Car Craft, for some reason it too was swapped over to MT.  Since I'm not a Motor Trend fan, I told her I'd prefer extending HR, SR or starting CC.  She said I didn't get that option.  I explained it was my money that purchased the subscriptions so I would be the one who decided how to spend my money.  She still said no dice.  I said in that case, send a refund.  She quoted the amount and said it would be in the mail.  Funny she never mentioned the refund option up front.  Guess we'll see if it shows up.
Tim  

eeyoresride eeyoresride
New User | Posts: 4 | Joined: 08/14
Posted: 08/04/14
05:17 PM

I didn't call, I sent an email.  I haven't heard anything yet, but I certainly don't want Motor Trend.  I guess I'll be calling and asking for my money back as well.  Maybe for Street Rodder and Classic trucks as well even though they continue.  I liked Riz as the editor of Classic Trucks, hes gone now and replaced with the editor from Custom Classic Trucks.  There is a reason why I didn't get Custom Classic Trucks.  Street Rodder, while not my favorite, will be better off with Riz back there.  

eeyoresride eeyoresride
New User | Posts: 4 | Joined: 08/14
Posted: 08/04/14
05:30 PM

I called, they are substituting Motor Trend for R&C!  Really?, what sense does that make?  Anyway I got them to put it on my Classic Trucks subscription.  Unfortunetly They are pulling Riz from Classic Trucks and putting in the editor from Custom Classic Trucks which is also gone now.  Dosn't make sense either.  I don't think the people running the show know anything about these magazines or their content.