Homemade heated parts washer

Rod & Custom
Item Posts    Sort Order

Homemade heated parts washer

azlo azlo
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 01/13
Posted: 01/13/13
08:35 PM

I havent been able to find homemade heated parts washer. So I made my own. So far so good. Hoping to hear on some other homemade partswashers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FsF0s8FFlQ  

waynep71222 waynep71222
New User | Posts: 19 | Joined: 05/12
Posted: 01/16/13
07:50 PM

wow... i thought i was alone in wanting something like that...

i wanted the heater element threaded in thru the end of a TEE with the tee installed as an elbow.. so its protected...   with water based solvent flowing around it..   i was planning on using something like a small block chevy water pump with some kind of explosion and wash down resistant electric motor to spin the pump...  this would be pulling water over the heater element and pushing it into pipes that are actually spray bars..  

i was actually thinking of a removable top 55 gallon drum..  so i could drop whole engine blocks or heads in..

creating a spinning basket on a cheep or junk yard popular front wheel drive bearing assembly.. so it could spin the basket easily..   with a spray type.. i only need a few gallons of liquid   so its easier to evaporate to remove the liquids and end up with powered sludge ..

commercial hot tanks use steel pipe in a ZIG ZAG back and forth across the back of the unit to allow the propane or natural gas flame to heat the water..

so many ways to go...  

don't forget.. there are also parts tumblers that work great cold...  just filled with either ceramic slightly abrasive triangles or various shapes of ball cones...  they have a perforated basket that rotates on its sides.. pivoted on the top and bottom.. the drive is gear or chain driven.. talk about clean small parts..