The Archive (correction)

Rod & Custom
Item Posts    Sort Order

The Archive (correction)

bikersteve59 bikersteve59
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 02/13
Posted: 02/16/13
06:09 PM

On page 62 the car in the photo in the upper left hand corner belonged to William "Bill" Breese, NOT Reese.
Bill was in his early 20's when he drove the '32 Ford he built himself, around the country entering it in car shows. Not only was his car featured on the cover of Hot Rod, It was also named one of the 75 Most Significant 1932 Ford Hot Rods of all time, by a panel of Automotive Journalists & Experts, commemorating the 75th Anniversary of the '32 Ford.

I had the honor of meeting Bill when he was the Senior Auto Body Instructor at Lima (Ohio) Senior High School in the 1970's. My Dad was the Electronics Instructor right across the hall from Bill's classroom/shop area, & they were good friends. Bill was a great guy & was a master of all of the "Old School" autobody skills. I used to hang-out at his home garage to watch him "sling lead" with two sticks of lead in one hand and alternating a torch and wooden paddle in the other.His ability to straighten a panel without using filler was amazing. After he quit teaching, He moved to Texas where he and his son, Bill Jr., manufactured limosines in their own shop.Bill Sr. has since passed on, but his Hot Rod Legacy is cemented in history.