1931 Ford Tudor Sedan - Price Is Right - April 2009 Issue

Rod & Custom
Item Posts    Sort Order

1931 Ford Tudor Sedan - Price Is Right - April 2009 Issue

Sspence Sspence
New User | Posts: 4 | Joined: 07/07
Posted: 03/18/09
12:07 PM

Great build!  I have a couple of questions about this car.

What did the seats come out of?  They have a good look to them and appear to fit well.  I can see in one picture that something different was done with the back seat.  Can we get more information about what was done and why please?  With a lot of builds deleting the back seats totally to put gas tanks in that area, there isn't a lot of pictures to look at how others deal with moving the front seats back due to firewall recess and still try to have a backseat at all.

I love the look of the white walls and the white top to make the body color pop.  My tudor build is going to be washington blue, and I am accessing my courage to have another white top to keep clean (already have two white cars).

Thanks for the info.  

RandC Kevin RandC Kevin
User | Posts: 62 | Joined: 07/06
Posted: 03/19/09
08:43 AM

Take a look at the mag again and at the top of the spec box is the owner's email. Dave should be happy to answer your questions.  

Sspence Sspence
New User | Posts: 4 | Joined: 07/07
Posted: 03/19/09
01:46 PM

Thanks, I will look again and find that.  Guess that gets me for looking at the pictures first.  

NCYDMN NCYDMN
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 04/09
Posted: 04/04/09
05:27 PM

I can answer that seat question.  The fronts are Glide Enginering frames with the springs removed and custom foam.  The rear seat was fabricated out of 1/2" AC plywood with the center roll & pleated insert made to fold forward for access to storage behind seat.  The rear bottom sits on a tappered riser which houses the stereo head unit with remote controls. Click on link below for pictures.  Hope that helps.  Roy Keith.

http://roykeithclassics.com/30_Price.html  

jalopy45 jalopy45
User | Posts: 198 | Joined: 04/07
Posted: 04/05/09
08:36 AM

You do some real nice work Roy.  

maguire maguire
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 09/10
Posted: 09/29/10
12:24 AM

Thats one car that comes on my top 5 list, all this car will need now is better brakes like the EBC brake pads I found at http://www.buybrakes.com/ebc/