Dream Car of the Month "Dream"

Rod & Custom
Item Posts    Sort Order

Dream Car of the Month "Dream"

fosterdl fosterdl
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 03/09
Posted: 03/19/09
04:53 AM

First I need to say that I'm a Chevy guy through and through. So bad that when a friend of mine offered me a 455 engine I "heard" 454 and was very disapointed when I went to pick it up. In fact I think I might have little "bowties" running in my veins. I'm also partly (maybe mostly) of Welsh decent. As some of you may know the Welsh are noted for their dreams and premonitions. We are also noted for dreaming in color. Vivid color. But that's not why I'm here.
Last weekend I had a dream that has really stuck in my head. In fact it seems to be consuming me. I think it would make a great idea for a DCOTM, however some of you Ford guys will most likely try to find out my address and thump me. Here is the dream as best I can recall it.
My dream started out by me buying a restorable 1961 Chevy BelAir 4 door. It was white with red insterts on the rear quarter panel between the trim pieces. Like I said it was a restorable car (I think it is the one my buddy down the road has that has just been sitting there for years) and I decided to have it painted. I took it to a local garage, note I didn't say body shop,to have it painted. The garage in question is one that in real life I've had "trouble" with in the past and I guess this time was no exception. When I went to pick up my prize possession it was all a beautifull bright red. Now I like red cars, but somehow my BelAir had turned into a Thunderbird. It was of the 61-63 vintage and certainly was gorgeous. Now here comes the kicker. Not only was it a Thunderbird but it was a cross between a Thunderbird and a Ranchero. The Bird was a convertable, less the convertable part and the rear half was transformed into a cargo area similar to that of a Ranchero. It was so well done that I never noticed till I walked around the car/truck/whatever. All the body lines of the Bird were there, but the trunk had all been changed. Of course it had the 390 big block and all the accruments of the original Bird plus 16" Torquethrust wheels. So I got thinking that it would make a great project and certainly no less than a great DCOTM.  

RandC Kevin RandC Kevin
User | Posts: 62 | Joined: 07/06
Posted: 03/19/09
09:05 AM

Sounds like an interesting idea. We haven't done with that era Bird yet so we'll have to start thinking about it.