lost and find

Rod & Custom
Item Posts    Sort Order

lost and find

posiedon65 posiedon65
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 02/09
Posted: 02/04/09
03:29 PM

I am wondering what may have become of a car my dad built and owned in the 50's.  It was a 1929 Ford Roadster, black, had a boat winshield, quarter fenders, channeled body, 3-carbs, dual exhaust with manual cutout on the headers or pipes to run it straight out.  I have pictures but it is hard to see the engine all together.  The plate # is 4N34499, California with a '53 tag.  I was wondering if there was a search vehicle to find cars like this, or if anyone was familiar with the car.  I know it was either given or sold to a friend when he went into the Marine Corps (Semper-Fi), sometime around the start of Korea.  It was an original hot rod built up by him and it would be interesting to find out what happened to it, if it's still around.  I can be contacted at dbdewey@earthlink.net   thanks.    Glenn Dewey  

vertible59 vertible59
User | Posts: 67 | Joined: 01/09
Posted: 02/06/09
04:20 PM

POST, POST, POST...THIS IS A GOOD PLACE TO START, BUT EVERY ROD RELATED FORUM YOU POST YOUR SEARCH ON IS ONE MORE CHANCE THAT SOMEONE WHO KNOWS THE CAR WILL SEE IT. GOOD LUCK AND I HOPE YOU FIND THAT ROADSTER...SOUNDS LIKE A NEAT RIDE,