1960 dodge pickup shortbed

Rod & Custom
Item Posts    Sort Order

1960 dodge pickup shortbed

fireparamedic fireparamedic
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 12/08
Posted: 12/19/08
08:15 AM

I got an offer to buy a 1960 dodge pickup short bed with 3 on the tree and have No idea what it may be worth. The truck runs but owner has punk kid who broke out the front and back glass and spray painted it in various spots. I also noticed the gas cap is missing.The drivers side of the seat is way tore up and they have started to do sanding on the truck like they were going to start refinishing the truck.  I would like to get the truck for a project throughout the winter but also don't want to be ripped off. He offered it to me for $350.00 it doesn't sound bad but the truck could only be worth $100.00. What do you think should I risk it? What would you do? Thanks  

mrap7 mrap7
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 12/08
Posted: 12/24/08
08:24 AM

I'm not sure where you're from but I'm from Wisconsin and the things you described as bad seem to be the easier stuff to fix. Here we can't find anything with a body left on it. So if the body is solid I would say $350 isn't too bad at all, I'm looking at $300 just for patch panels for my rear quarters. But if you can talk him down and get it cheaper, rock on. It also depends on how much you like it and if it's worth it to you.  

vertible59 vertible59
User | Posts: 67 | Joined: 01/09
Posted: 01/14/09
07:04 PM

Grin hey man, it weighs that much!  if you like that truck, grab it quick before someone else does...and they WILL at that price.  50's and 60's tin is getting harder to find at a reasonable price and the US government (in all their infinite wisdom) is proposing another car crushing program that will certainly not help.  another thing that '60 dodge truck has going for it is you will have something unusual.  i say, go for it...build it...have fun with it and send us some pics!  

jonrat10 jonrat10
New User | Posts: 10 | Joined: 10/08
Posted: 04/16/09
06:30 PM

Blush One of my more demented friends came dragging a 2 1/2 ton 57 dodge truck home about a year ago, that must have weighed about 3 ton itself, plus it had belonged to a welding shop and it seems they had welded BIG PIECES OF METAL everywhere. After getting rid of about a ton and a half. putting a Mustang two front end, a smaller rear end in, Fabricating a bed and rear fenders like the sweeptwing pickups, he has a very distinctive rat rod. He still has the wide block 318.  Anyway, the pickup you mention can definately be made "COOL".