1 |  2 |  Next   | Last 
Item Posts    Sort Order

Hot rods from tv series

tooleaterVVT tooleaterVVT
New User | Posts: 6 | Joined: 06/08
Posted: 06/28/08
09:39 AM

Firstly Hi guys and gals
trying to trace pics of a car ??? i remember from this mag back in the 60's. When it was fashionable to make tv series of ficticious groups similar in a way to "the Monkeys" the show was called something like "the barons" or "the viscounts" or similar.The back end was a state coach attached to a motive unit and instead of horses was 4 V8 in banks of 2 i think they were blown but im not sure,

whether this was just a static car or usable i don't know

can anyone help me find it its nearly 40 years ago and the memory is still there but is fading slowly  

jalopy45 jalopy45
User | Posts: 198 | Joined: 04/07
Posted: 07/01/08
07:30 AM

Sounds like a cross between the old "Boot Hill Express" show rod and Tommy Ivo's 4 engine car, which did have a station wagon body on it for a little while.  

ekimball ekimball
Enthusiast | Posts: 273 | Joined: 02/07
Posted: 07/01/08
02:19 PM

Yeah sounds kind of like the Boot Hill Express that Jalopy45 said, although it didn't have 4 engines, here's a model of it for reference.

Express6  

Posted: 07/02/08
02:35 AM

ok this is not it but its very similar

http://www.showrods.com/gallery_pages/raiders_coach2.html#  

04:48 AM

second thoughts this must be it , anyone know what happened to it and has anyone got any photo's of it  

jalopy45 jalopy45
09:39 PM

Try George Barris' website www.barris.com to locate it or chase it down from here http://www.hearse.com/vehicles/motorized/cunningham/unknown/hearse/v001/pa.html  

jalopy45 jalopy45
10:10 PM

The car was built by Ray Farhner  out of Kansas if that helps, but a phone call or email to George Barris will probably let you know where it is now.  

jalopy45 jalopy45
10:17 PM

If you still think it had 4 engines try,  jalopnik.com/358639/four-engines-all-wheel-drive-100-bad-ass-riviera-wagon-master  , this was Tommy Ivo's Buick Wagon  

XC_Ute XC_Ute
User | Posts: 109 | Joined: 01/07
Posted: 07/03/08
07:06 AM

Sounds more like the vehicle that was promoted as the "Paul Revere and the Raiders" coach. That vehicle had an actual stage coach attached by fifth wheel to a seperate unit which carried the engine(s).  

Posted: 07/04/08
01:25 AM

Sounds more like the vehicle that was promoted as the "Paul Revere and the Raiders" coach. That vehicle had an actual stage coach attached by fifth wheel to a seperate unit which carried the engine(s).  

Thats the one, it wasn't promoted over here in the UK so never got the chance to see it.
Have contacted Joji Barris but have come up blank and  Ray Farhner  sadly passed away in 2005  

XC_Ute XC_Ute
User | Posts: 109 | Joined: 01/07
Posted: 07/08/08
06:56 AM

The band was at the "bottom rung" of popular U.S. bands, probably because they were featured by Dick Clark's various TV presentations more then anything else. Paul Revere already had money, Mark Dennie knew he could write his own ticket as a solo musician, the others of the band were simply "the guys in the back".

That meant the band didn't put much efffort in PR and simply vanished from public view about the time the vehicle was on the show curcuit.

My memory is foggy but it does seem that MPC (plastic model kits) did release a kit as I recall seeing its image backed up by MPC's diagional red/white logo on the box cover. HOWEVER, MPC was bleeding money at the time and would soon become inactive. There was never any market for the kit and I am assuming the kit's quality was in the "Looks like the car, good enough" classification.

(MPC made several "fad subject" kits during this time period, like the TV Beverly Hillbillies 1923 Olds. They then tried to reap more money by fitting a plastic model sailing ship to the same chassis. Didn't sell at all!.)

If there was a kit it is rare and *** But there won't be much demand.  

ekimball ekimball
Posted: 07/10/08
10:42 AM

Wow you learn something new everyday. thing looks hard to drive, with the steering done from a trailer and all.  

brusnadal brusnadal
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 07/08
Posted: 07/15/08
05:36 AM

Sound additional similar to the motor vehicle that was promote as the "Paul Revere and the Raiders" instructor. That automobile had a definite point instructor friendly by fifth turn to a disconnect piece which agreed the locomotive(s).

09:27 AM

follow up to my research have narrowed it down to 1969 has anyone out there got back issues to the year. I would have been 15 then just old enough to be able to buy the magazine with my pocket money  

ekimball ekimball
02:17 PM

Icon QuotetooleaterVVT:
follow up to my research have narrowed it down to 1969 has anyone out there got back issues to the year. I would have been 15 then just old enough to be able to buy the magazine with my pocket money

Oh was it actually in R&C  

1 |  2 |  Next   | Last